Losing an AirPod can be as frustrating as misplacing an earring, but you don’t need to discard the whole set if one earpiece is lost for good. Because connecting two AirPods to a single case is a comparatively simple process.
To connect two different AirPods, you’ll need to disconnect your old AirPods from your iPhone. Next, put the new one in the charging case, reset both using the same case, and pair them up with your device again.
However, you must meet certain requirements before you can begin the process. Within this article, I’ve outlined the complete process step by step, along with some extra tips for your AirPods. So, without any more delay, let’s get started.
- What To Check Before Pairing Different AirPods In A Single Case?
- How To Pair Two Different AirPods With A Single Case?
- When You Can’t Connect Two AirPods With The Same Case?
- Tips To Get Maximizing Performance From Your AirPods
- Frequently Asked Questions
What To Check Before Pairing Different AirPods In A Single Case?
Before you start trying to connect two different sets of AirPods in one case, there are a few things you should make sure of, Such as:
- Same Model: Make sure both AirPods have the same model and generation. You can’t pair a left AirPod with a right AirPod Pro at the same time.
- Identical Firmware: If both of the AirPods don’t have the same firmware version, they won’t be compatible. Therefore, it’s essential to update the firmware of both your AirPods to the most recent version.
- Enough Charge: If your AirPods don’t have enough charge, they can switch off during the pairing or reset process. So make sure your earpiece has enough battery before starting the pairing process.
After you ensure these prerequisites, you can easily pair different AirPods with your iPhone at the same time.
How To Pair Two Different AirPods With A Single Case?
I have divided the pairing process of two different AirPods into a single case into three parts.
Initially, you must disconnect and then unpair the old AirPods from your iPhone. Then put the new one & the old one into the same case, and reset the device. And lastly, pair the device with your phone again.
Now, let’s delve into the comprehensive step-by-step guide:
1. Unpair AirPods
When you receive a replacement piece from Apple, you’ll need to disconnect the previously connected one from your phone before you can connect both of them. To disconnect:
- Go to your iPhone settings and select the Bluetooth option.
- Tap on the information (i) icon located beside the AirPods’ name.
- Select the “Forget This Device” option.
- Tap Forget Device to confirm.
2. Reset both of the AirPods
After removing the device from your phone, you need to reset them. Here’s the process to do that:
- Put both earbuds inside their case.
- Hold the Setup button for about 30 seconds until you see a blinking light.
- Close the lid of the case.
And after you’ve completed these steps, wait for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Reconnect your iPhone
Once you’ve finished the above process, it’s time to reconnect your AirPods to your phone. For that:
- Swipe up on your iPhone to open the quick-access menu.
- Turn on the Bluetooth from there.
- Put your AirPods case next to your iPhone and Open the lid.
- Tap connect option in the popup window and follow the on-screen procedure.
However, if you don’t see the connect Window on your phone after a minute or two, you should long tap the button behind your AirPods case until you see the white light blinking. Then you will see the connecting pop-up.
When You Can’t Connect Two AirPods With The Same Case?
That’s why they aren’t adjustable with one another.
When your device has iOS 14 (and newer) or iPadOS 14 (and newer), you can connect the AirPods to it to find the model number. Simply go to Settings, and choose Bluetooth. After that, tap the Information button located next to your AirPods. It will reveal the model number.
Furthermore, make sure that the new AirPod is suitable for use with your charging case. Because you can’t fit AirPods Pro into a regular AirPods case, and second-generation AirPods won’t work with a first-generation charging case.
Tips To Get Maximizing Performance From Your AirPods
AirPods are like the sound king in the wireless headphone market. They perfectly sync with your ear so that you can feel every beat, melody, and rhythm.
However, to get the proper quality sound, you have to take care of your AirPods. Here I’ve got some tips that increase the performance and lifespan of your AirPods. Let’s see:
- Maintenance: Regularly clean your AirPods and their case to prevent dirt buildup and maintain sound quality.
- Charging Routine: Charge your AirPods before reaching zero battery to maintain battery health.
- Firmware Updates: Install updates when available to enhance performance and address issues.
- Storage: Keep your AirPods in their case when they’re not in use. It safeguards them and helps prevent misplacement.
- Fit Matters: Ensure your AirPods fit well in your ear to improve audio quality and prevent them from falling out.
- Balanced Usage: Alternate between AirPods if you have two to ensure even battery wear.
- Handling: Avoid extreme temperatures and moisture to prevent damage.
- Customize Controls: Adjust control settings to your preference using device settings.
- Device Connection: Be mindful of proper device connections to avoid connectivity problems.
By applying these suggestions, you can efficiently uphold the performance and durability of your AirPods.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, I’ve gathered frequently asked questions and their answers. This will provide you with extra information about your AirPods.
Can I Use One AirPod If I Lose The Other?
Absolutely! Just put your AirPod in the charging case, pair it normally with your phone, and play some music. The Single AirPod will play the sound without any issue.
How Much Does A Single AirPod Cost?
Well, the replacement cost depends on your AirPods model. For AirPod second or 3rd gen, you need to pay $69, and for AirPod Pro, about 89 dollars.
How Can I Find My Lost AirPod?
To find your missing AirPods open the Find My app, go to Devices, select your AirPods, choose Directions, and go there. After reaching the destination, click the Play Sound button and find the device using the sound.
And there you have it. After applying the steps, I’m sure you’ve successfully connected both AirPods and enjoying the music.
However, to avoid this issue in the future, I recommend adding your AirPods to the Find My app.
The Find My app will help you monitor your AirPods and prevent them from going missing again.