To connect your AirPods to a Samsung TV, turn on the TV and the AirPods, go to TV Settings > Sound > Sound Output. Now check the available Bluetooth devices on the TV screen and select AirPods to pair and connect.
Airpods come with a whooping reception range of 30-60 feet. Hence it allows you to connect any apple or non apple device via Bluetooth, including Samsung TVs.
However, learning how to connect Airpods to a Samsung TV may seem a little challenging because you might not reset your Bluetooth. Besides, there may be multiple nearby devices disrupting the connection, failure in forming the pair with the device you want to connect and so on.
This guide will show how you connect your Airpods with not only your Samsung TV but any device having Bluetooth in no time also. Let’s get in.
- Connecting AirPods to Samsung TV- Does It Even Work?
- How to Connect Airpods to Samsung TV?
- Is Bluetooth Mandatory to Connect Airpods to Samsung TV?
- Facing Problems Pairing Airpods to Samsung TV? Here’s What You Can Do
- What to Do When You Have Bluetooth Connection Issues?
- How to Increase Airpods Volume on Samsung TV?
- Final Words
Connecting AirPods to Samsung TV- Does It Even Work?
There is a common misconception that AirPods only work on Apple products. but in reality, AirPods are no different than any other Bluetooth earpiece that can connect to any device, as well as multiple devices at the same time, that has a Bluetooth connection.
So, if your Samsung TV has a Bluetooth facility in it, you can surely connect your Airpods to the TV without a doubt.
Now, the big question is, how do you know whether your Samsung TV supports Bluetooth or not. You can use the following methods to determine this.
- Check the TV user manual.
- See if the TV comes with a smart remote. Smart remotes operate through Bluetooth, so if your TV comes with one, it indicates that the TV supports Bluetooth.
- Search your TV model on Google and see whether it has Bluetooth functionality.
How to Connect Airpods to Samsung TV?
So I’m assuming your Samsung TV has built-in Bluetooth connectivity and supports Bluetooth headphones. If the TV supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can now pair the Airpods following these simple steps below.
- Let’s start by turning on the pairing mode of the Airpods.
- Then go to your TV settings and select the “Sound” option.
- You will see the option “Sound Output” on the screen. Click on it to change the settings to the Bluetooth speaker list.
- As long as your headphone is in pairing mode, it will appear on the list of “available Bluetooth devices” on the TV screen.
- Now, select the “pair and connect” option beside AirPods and pair them up.
This is the easiest way to connect Airpods to a Samsung TV.
Is Bluetooth Mandatory to Connect Airpods to Samsung TV?
You can still connect your Samsung TV to the AirPods even if the TV doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth facility. But in that case, you will need some additional equipment that will work as an external Bluetooth device.
Try using a Bluetooth audio transmitter or a media streamer to connect the AirPods to a Samsung TV without Bluetooth.
Now, even though this usually works, it’s better for you to get a Samsung TV that features Bluetooth.
Facing Problems Pairing Airpods to Samsung TV? Here’s What You Can Do
Even if you have followed the steps correctly, you can still fail to pair up AirPods for a couple of reasons. So, what to do when it doesn’t connect?
- Check the battery of your AirPods first. It could be running low and can’t operate.
- Your TV will not trace the Bluetooth device if the Bluetooth is turned off on the Airpods. So check if the pairing mode is on.
- Make sure your Airpod is updated. Sometimes outdated firmware can reject the Bluetooth connection. So, update your Airpod if the current version is outdated.
- If nothing works out, then reset the Airpods once or twice and try again.
- In some cases, the Bluetooth connection of your TV can be damaged or stop working. So, check if the connectivity of your TV is operating or not. A simple restart may come in handy.
What to Do When You Have Bluetooth Connection Issues?
Connection issues can get into your nerves. Airpods fail to connect to TV for a couple of reasons. Let’s see what you can do in such a case.
- Take the earpieces, put them back on the pod, and close the lid.
- Now, wait for a while, and then try to reconnect again.
- If this doesn’t work, then disconnect the Airpod from your other Apple devices, and it should directly connect to the Samsung TV.
Note: Check if you are standing too far from the television. Sometimes connection issues may occur because you are trying to connect from a long distance. That’s why you should try to stand within 2 to 3 feet of the TV while reconnecting the Airpods.
How to Increase Airpods Volume on Samsung TV?
While wearing AirPods, the last thing you want is sound issues. Sometimes, AirPods fail to deliver their best potential, but if you know the right trick, it can be solved in no time.
If you’re not satisfied with the volume and you need to raise it, start by increasing the volume level on the remote control of your TV. This is the easiest way to increase volume when your AirPod is connected to the TV.
But, if this doesn’t work, then start by cleaning the Airpods. You see, Airpods can have debris and dirt inside. This blocks the sound as well. Cleaning them might help increase the sound a bit.
You can turn the volume up on your phone connecting it to the Airpods and check the result.
Sometimes asking SIRI might also help. Just say “Hey, Siri, turn the volume high” or “Hey, Siri, turn the volume down” and control the volume with voice commands.
Note: If you’re using a Bluetooth transmitter, don’t forget to remove the device from your TV after you disconnect the AirPods. Keeping the transmitter plugged in may mute TV audio.
In this article, I tried to describe how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV with all the possible troubleshooting and solutions. So, if you experience any of those issues, you can solve them immediately.
The main issue with Apple products is compatibility problems. Most of the products are only compatible with a few Apple items only. But AirPods are different from other products. Even if you don’t have an iPhone, you can still use AirPods with devices like Android and Samsung TVs as well. And that’s why, despite being expensive, AirPods are worth the price.