We all know how helpful Find My iPhone is for iOS users. But when it comes to your privacy, it can be irritating, as it lets others track your location. In such cases, you can simply change or fake your real location to protect your privacy.
The easiest way to change the location on Find My iPhone is the use a secondary iPhone to fake the location. You can also use a VPN to spoof the location.
Fortunately, there are also some other methods you can try to fake your location. So, to help you know how to change the location on Find My iPhone, we present you the following guide. Let’s check it out.
- Can I Change Location on Find My iPhone?
- How to Change Location on Find My iPhone?
- How to Turn off Location Sharing on Find My iPhone?
Can I Change Location on Find My iPhone?
No, it is not possible to change location on Find My iPhone. You can simply turn off the location service on the Find My app, but you cannot change it directly from your iPhone.
Because, the features like Find My iPhone or Find My Friends, use the Apple GPS directly. So, Apple doesn’t allow the users to change it.
However, it is possible to spoof or fake the location by using third-party apps or GPS tools. When you do so, your real location will be hidden.
How to Change Location on Find My iPhone?
There are a number of VPN services or third-party apps available to change location on Find My iPhone. But all of them won’t be trusted.
So, here we’ve listed five best methods to fake location on Find My app on your iPhone:
Way 1: Use Ultfone iOS Location Changer [No Jailbreak]
Using Ultfone iOS location changer might be the most effective way to change location on Find My iPhone. This is a software tool that allows iPhone users to change their device’s location virtually.
With Ultfone iOS location changer, users can modify their iPhone’s GPS location to any selected place in the world. Once the location is set, it will be reflected in the location-based app and services including Find My iPhone on your device.
Here’s how you can use it to fake the location on Find My iPhone:
- First, download and install Ultfone iOS location changer from the App Store.
- Now launch the app on your iPhone.
- Grant necessary permissions. Tap on “Allow while using app” or “Always Allow” depending on your preference.
- Now you will be promoted to three different modes- Teleport, Multi-spot, and Route. Choose the mode according to your requirement.
|Allows you to instantly change your location
|Enables you to choose multiple spots on the map and simulate a movement between them
|Lets you simulate a route between two or more spots on the map
- Once you have selected the mode, set the location by entering its name or coordinates in the search bar.
- After setting up the location, tap on the “Start to Modify” or “Go” button to begin the location change process.
Now, wait for the process to complete, and your new location will be reflected on your iPhone.
Way 2: Use ExpressVPN to Change Location
You may not have access to a computer or laptop all the time. In this case, using the ExpressVPN to change the GPS location on Find My iPhone will be the simplest way to follow.
ExpressVPN offers a secure and reliable way to change your virtual location on your iPhone. It also allows users to browse privately, access GEO-restricted content, and protect your online activities.
However, to change the Find My iPhone location using ExpressVPN, follow these steps:
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and either create a new account or sign in with your existing account details.
- In the app, tap the “Power” button to connect to a VPN server.
- Now select a server location from the available options. Choose a server location that corresponds to the desired location you want to appear on the Find My iPhone.
- Once connected, the power button will be turned into green.
Finally, open the Find My iPhone app and check the device location to see if it reflects the chosen server location.
Way 3: Use iTools to Change Location on Find My iPhone
iTools is another useful software that can be used to change location on Find My iPhone. This software tool comes with a very user-friendly interface and is compatible with iDevices such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Overall, iTools provides a comprehensive set of tools and features to enhance the management and customization of iPhones, offering an alternative solution to iTunes.
However, to change the location on Find My iPhone using iTools, here are the steps you can take to follow:
- Download and install the iTools software on your computer if you haven’t already done so.
- Launch iTools on your computer. Wait for it to detect your connected iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once your iPhone is detected, navigate to the “Toolbox” tap on the top menu.
- In this tab, locate and click on the “Virtual Location” option.
- A new window will open displaying a map. Here, toggle the “Teleport Mode” on.
- Now, enter the desired location you want to set for your Find My iPhone.
- After entering the location, click on the “Move Here” button to simulate your iPhone to be in the entered location.
Once you have set the desired location, you can close the iTools window, and your iPhone’s location in Find My iPhone will be changed accordingly.
Way #4: Use iMyFone AnyTo to change location
iMyFone AnyTo is one of the most popular location changers used by iOS users. It allows users to set particular geo-location worldwide for different apps including Find My iPhone.
Here’s how it goes:
Step 1: Download and Install iMyFone AnyTo
Visit the iMyFone official and download the AnyTo software. Install it on your computer.
Step 2: Connect Your iPhone
Now, join your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Then, trust the computer on your iPhone when prompted.
Step 3: Choose the Teleport Mode
Now launch the application on your computer and click on the “Teleport Mode” at the top of the interface .
Step 4: Select the Fake Location
Enter the location you want to fake in the search bar on the top-right corner of the screen. You can also directly enter specific coordinates or the name of a city, address or landmark.
Step 5: Teleport to the Fake Location
Once you have selected your desired location, click on the “Move” button to teleport your iPhone to the chosen fake location.
Once you’re done, open Find My iPhone on your iPhone or check it on iCloud.com to confirm that the fake location is successfully set.
Way #5: Fake Find My iPhone Location Using a Secondary iPhone
As the title suggests, in this method, you will need to have a secondary iPhone along with your main device. This is a trick you can take to try if you can’t access the above solutions or you have another iDevice, especially an iPhone.
With this method, you can change the location on Find My iPhone within two simple steps. Let’s see what are they and how they go:
- Sign out from the Find My iPhone on your main device.
- Now, log in to the secondary iPhone with the same Apple ID.
Leave the secondary iPhone to the location so no one can track you anymore.
How to Turn off Location Sharing on Find My iPhone?
If you still fail to change location on Find My iPhone, you can simply turn off the location sharing on your device. Below are the steps you should follow to do so:
- Open the “Setting” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “Find My.”
- Under the Find My iPhone section, you will see the option “Share My Location.” Tap on it.
- Toggle off the “Share My Location” switch to disable location sharing.
Once you turn off location sharing, your iPhone’s location will no longer be visible to anyone you’ve shared it with through the Find My app. Note that this will also disable the ability to track your device using Find My iPhone.
Changing location on Find My iPhone is crucial to be untracked. Keep on reading the following FAQs section to learn about the topic:
Can the fake GPS location be detected on my iPhone?
Yes, one can detect your fake GPS location on your iPhone using mock location detection applications. It is also possible by verifying the accuracy of the GPS you are using.
Can I change my Find My iPhone location without VPN?
Yes, you can. There are several GPS spoofing apps or softwares available to do so. The purposes of this softwares or apps are the same as a VPN.
How long can Find My iPhone keep a location?
Find My iPhone can keep a location for up to 24 hours once your iPhone is dead. Choose “Notify me when found” to get alert when your phone is online again.
Though you can not change the location on Find My iPhone by default, you can do it by following the methods we discussed earlier. Using the VPN or iTools can be the best way to spoof the location on your device.
But the use of any third-party apps to simulate location for apps like Find My iPhone may be against the terms or service of Apple. So, use it at your own discretion and responsibility.
However, if you still have any problems with the topic, feel free to ask help by leaving a message in the following comment section. Also, share this guide with your close ones to help them with the same topic.